Monday 24 January 2022

Easter

This is a very important week spiritually. For the past three years, Easter has been a very intense time in my life. Jesus is persecuted and dies on the cross for our sins; I never quite understood this from a religious standpoint when I was younger, but now, from a spiritual standpoint I can equate my sins to anything that is unhealed within myself, and therefore Jesus dying on the cross is symbolic to me that I might 'die' to the unhealed parts of myself. I don't know about any of you reading this, but does stuff come up for you around Easter time? Painful memories, old behaviour patterns, perhaps you have even realized that a large part of your life just isn't working for you anymore? Whatever it is, now is a perfect time to honour it and release it, or, allow it to die.

Once we have actually listened to what our soul is trying to tell us and honoured our feelings/memories/old behaviours that no longer serve us; we can then and only then make the appropriate action plan to move forward, thus rising, as Jesus does from the dead.

I really feel like Easter is the holiest and most transformative holiday in the Christian religion, and when we make it meaningful for ourselves, I believe we are honouring what Jesus would have wanted us to do.

We all have the capability to deviate from God's will for us; we make mistakes, treat people unkindly and live in fear, but we can always get back on the beam, so to say, and align ourselves with God's Love and all that is righteous.

This Easter I have finally allowed myself to process the lessons from the last three years and I feel, after quite a few very dark days and nights that I have emerged closer to the woman God would have me be.

We are dealing with a very challenging situation in the world right now, our collective crucifixion, if you will. The world is essentially shut down as a result of the coronavirus; and I want to make sure I have made the most of this quiet time. I don't want to look back and have ignored this opportunity for growth. We owe it to ourselves. The state of the world right now, coupled with the power of Easter has proven to be very transformative for me, and I am grateful.

Here's to living with and for the Love of God, not the fear of the devil.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment